Who needs coffee when you’ve got a smoothie bowl to kick-start your morning? While we may be in the thick of winter, I can’t help but want to start my morning with a smoothie or smoothie bowl to at least make my taste buds feel like it’s summertime… and then convincing my mind that maybe it’s a bit warmer than it actually is?
I love that you really don’t need to measure things out, just blend until you get the consistency you’re looking for. It’s such a quick treat, ready in no more than 5 minutes!
- 1/2 cup (or a handful) of frozen berries
- I like to use cherries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- Tip – keep a few frozen banana’s prepped and ready to go in your freezer for ‘nice cream’ and smoothie bowls
- 3-4 Tbsp (a splash or two more as needed) of non-dairy milk
- almond milk is my go to
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1.5 tbsp granola
- Made mine, following more or less, a recipe from Oh She Glows which you can find in my Instagram highlight
- Fresh strawberries