Tonight’s minimal effort let’s whip it together dinner – Instant Pot Green Lentil and Kale Dal!
Felix and I gobbled this up! So delish and minimal effort by using the food processor and instant pot. Some times you just don’t want to chop, you know?
I was inspired to make this after seeing a post by School Night Vegan, I didn’t have everything they on hand so decided to make my own rendition. Here’s what we got!
Instant Pot Green Lentil and Kale Dal
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 can whole tomatoes or skip and use diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls kale
- 1/5 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, tamari or soy seasoning
- Add onion and garlic to food processor and pulse 3-5 times. (Or mince) Set aside.
- Add half a can of whole tomatoes and pulse until diced. Set aside. You can skip this and use diced tomatoes.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Water sauté cumin seeds and mustard seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add remaining spices and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, green lentils and water. Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 6 minutes and allow a natural release.
- Add one can of coconut milk and kale. Close the Instant Pot lid and allow kale to wilt for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tamari or Braggs Soy Seasoning and juice of half a lemon. Add salt to season.
- Serve with rice, rice noodles or over a baked potato and top with cilantro and more fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!