Tonight’s minimal effort let’s whip it together dinner – Instant Pot Green Lentil and Kale Dal!
Felix and I gobbled this up! So delish and minimal effort by using the food processor and instant pot. Some times you just don’t want to chop, you know?
I was inspired to make this after seeing a post by School Night Vegan, I didn’t have everything they on hand so decided to make my own rendition. Here’s what we got!
Instant Pot Green Lentil and Kale Dal
This dal comes together quick and easy with the use of a food processor and Instant Pot.
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 can whole tomatoes or skip and use diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup green lentils
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls kale
- 1/5 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, tamari or soy seasoning
- Add onion and garlic to food processor and pulse 3-5 times. (Or mince) Set aside.
- Add half a can of whole tomatoes and pulse until diced. Set aside. You can skip this and use diced tomatoes.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Water sauté cumin seeds and mustard seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add remaining spices and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, green lentils and water. Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 6 minutes and allow a natural release.
- Add one can of coconut milk and kale. Close the Instant Pot lid and allow kale to wilt for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tamari or Braggs Soy Seasoning and juice of half a lemon. Add salt to season.
- Serve with rice, rice noodles or over a baked potato and top with cilantro and more fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!